This raw, creamy pasta dish uses thinly-shredded squash and zucchini instead of grain-based pasta. It is amazingly delicious – and as a pasta-lover, I was happily surprised by how much I loved it!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (serves 4):
- 1 organic zucchini
- 1 organic yellow squash
- 2 large organic tomatoes
- 1 organic avocado
- 1/4 cup raw, organic cashews
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- pine nuts for garnish
- Using a vegetable peeler, shred the zucchini & squash very thinly (using almost no pressure).
- In a blender, combine the avocado, tomato, and cashews. Add in the Italian seasoning, salt and Nutritional Yeast.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the “pasta”, top with olives and pine nuts, and serve at room temperature.