The next time you're having people over for board games, a movie, or just plain-old catching up, and you need to whip something together that seems sophisticated, you've gotta try my faux-liver pate recipe. Do this, and the next thing you know, people will be trying to find their socks that got knocked off.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- • 2 Cups of walnuts
- • 2 Cups of crimini mushrooms
- • 1 Medium onion
- • 4 Cloves garlic
- • 2 Tbs olive oil (1 for sauteing, 1 for blending)
- • Garnishes (above, I used grapes, cranberries, black sesame seeds, salt, and cauliflower leaves)
- 1. Crush the garlic cloves, and chop the onion and mushrooms
- 2. In a large, oiled skillet, saute the onion, mushroom and garlic over medium heat until golden and tender (about 15 minutes).
- 3. In a food processor, combine the contents of the skillet with the walnuts. Process until mostly smooth.
- 4. Empty into a large bowl or Tupperware and refrigerate for at least a couple hours before serving. Overnight is optimal for the best texture.
- 5. Scoop some onto a plate and serve using a cheese-knife with any garnishes you please from fruits and veggies to crackers and artisan bread.