1. There is still time to come out and support Farm Sanctuary's life-saving efforts! Hang out with Russell Simmons, Dennis Kucinich, yours truly, and other animal and eco advocates, celebs, designers, and all the ethically fabulous people at the 2008 Gala, hosted by Heather Mills.
Emily Deschanel, Christine Ebersole, Lisa Edelstein, Susie Essman, Rory Freedman, Dennis Kucinich, Swoosie Kurtz, Vanessa Marcil, Peter Max, Kevin Nealon, Dan Piraro, Eric Roberts, Ally Sheedy, Russell Simmons, Hal Sparks, Loretta Swit, True and Keisha Whitaker, Persia White, and, many more...to be announced!
Tickets are $400 per person. To purchase tickets, donate and learn more, or to find out about sponsorship and advertising opportunities and make product donations and auction contributions to support the event, please contact us at 607-583-2225 ext.221 or email@example.com
2. Lazy Activist? Help Animals Every Time You IM!
3. Joshua's Vegan Ricotta (for Stuffed Shells, Manicotti, or Lasagna)
What You'll Need:
- 1 package jumbo shells / manicotti (can be used in Lasagna also)
- 1 large jar/ 2 cans of organic, vegan red sauce or marinara
- 1 block silken tofu
- 1 block "follow your heart" Monterey-Jack vegan cheese
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs Basil
- 1 Tbs Sugar or other sweetner
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- (add spinach or mushroom to the mixture if desired)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, use like ricotta to stuff shells or manicotti, or layer in lasagna.
- Pour a 1/4 inch layer of red sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. Stuff shells/manicotti with the mixture using a teaspoon. Arrange the stuffed pasta on top of the sauce, side by side. Pour remaining sauce over the pasta. the sauce should come up to just about the top of the pasta.
Tip - For a cheesier dish, shred additional vegan cheese to melt over the top while baking, (make sure to cover with foil or pyrex lid so it melts) if desired.
4. If you are a homo in California, you can now legally get married! Read the NYT article. The court’s 4-to-3 decision striking down state laws that had limited marriages to unions between a man and a woman makes California only the second state, after Massachusetts, to allow same-sex marriages.
5. Good news for forests!
"WASHINGTON, May 15 -- The United States Congress today passed landmark legislation to address the global illegal logging crisis. The U.S. is the first country in the world to prohibit the import of illegally-harvested wood and wood products."
6. Organic Skinnies and Chinos from Loomstate: