1. Imagine showing up on November 4th to cast your history-making vote for Barack Obama—only to be turned away because you aren't properly registered. Think it can't happen to you? Don't be so sure. There are a bunch of reasons your registration might not be up to date, even if you think it is. Take one minute right now to double-check your registration using our cool web tool, VotePoke. Click here: Check your registration!
2. Russell Simmons talks about his veganism, Obama, and yoga on CNN! Thanks to Dawnwatch for this news-bite.
3. Simple Gunny Banana Bag.
Simple's Banana bag is made from Jute. Jute is a rain-fed crop with little need for fertilizer or pesticides. Jute fibre is also 100% bio-degradable and recyclable and thus environmentally friendly.
4. Help End the Slaughter of American Horses in Mexico!
5. Loomstate's Summer Look. Loomstate's Summer Man in organic cotton:
If you still haven't gotten your look together this summer, here's a pointer: Go with clean, simple short-sleeve button-downs over chinos or cutoff slacks. Leave the socks at home (just put some baking soda in your shoes to ward off the evil smells!). These are easy elements to find thrifting. Fit is everything. Don't underestimate it. The shoulder seam should fall mid-shoulder, you'll look sloppy if it's hanging over onto your lower shoulder. Don't be afraid to button-up leaving one or two open. It's not the 70's, and your man-cleavage should not be the main-attraction.
6. Less than 4000 tigers remain in the wild. Help save them from hunters, medical superstitions, and illegal traders.
7. English Retreads! These vegan bags and accessories are made from 100% recycled tires!
8. Help create a South Atlantic Whale Sanctuary!
Please send an e-mail to International Whaling Commission (IWC) member countries asking them to vote for the South Atlantic Whale Sanctuary.
9. I am not typically a fan of slogan shirts. However, I have such a passionate hatred for the Hummer and everything it represents, that this organic shirt from Green Label Organics jumped out at me. I wouldn't necessairy wear it, but I certainly agree with it. Bummer.
10. Ruddy Duck in Hood River, Oregon is an awesome mens eco-botique!