What is better than a rich, hearty, steaming helping of potato-pasta smothered in slow-roasted mushrooms, onions, garlic, with a generous helping of cultured cashew cream cheese? Not much! I whipped this dish up to satisfy a serious post-workout hunger. Serve this as an entree or side with some greens. I used broccoli in this case. Your guests will fall over for this one, so get going to the market!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED (serves 2):
- • 2 cups whole wheat gnocchi
- • 1 small onion, diced
- • 3 cloves garlic, diced
- • 10 small crimini mushrooms, chopped
- • 1/4 cup dried porcini mushroom
- • 1 cube vegan bullion (I prefer salt-free Rapunzel brand)
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 2 Tbs Cashew Cream Cheese (Dr. Cows)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- • 1 Tbs olive oil (for skillet)
- 1. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2. Add dried mushrooms to water
- 3. Oil a medium saucepan/skillet and bring to medium heat.
- 4. Dice onion, garlic and criminis and add to skillet. Saute for about 10 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- 5. Meanwhile, add gnocchi to water and cook until gnocchi are floating on top (about 5-7 min.)
- 6. Drain the gnocchi & porcini and add to skillet. Pour in the wine and cook for an additional 5-7 min over med heat.
- 7. Turn off heat and stir in the 2 Tbs of Cashew Cream Cheese.
- 8. Serve with your favorite veggie or salad.
Also check out our hilarious pal Jen's take on a gnocchi dish with pumpkin sauce!