Do you have childhood memories of Carvel Cakes filled with chocolate crunchies and stacked with creamy layers? My roommate Alyssa made me an amazing Vegan Ice Cream Cake for my birthday last week - and it looked so gorgeous, and tasted even better, but was a cinch to make! That's why we're passing on the secret to you...
What You'll Need:
- • 4 pints of your favorite vegan Ice Cream Flavors (I prefer the coconut-cream-based bad-boys!)
- • 1 cup of any crunchy chocolate wafer cookies (like Newman's Alpabet Cookies)
- • A spring-form pan or wax-paper-lined cake pan.
- 1. Allow the 4 pints of ice cream to soften for about 20 minutes at room temperature. Don't let it get too melty or the cake will be icy when re-frozen.
- 2. In a blender or processor, turn the cookies to crumbs! For a smoother, smaller crumble, process longer.
- 3. In your pan, make a base layer of cookie crumbles about 1/4 inch thick.
- 4. Using a spoon, scoop alternate layers of ice cream flavors and cookie crumbles as you please.
- 5. once you've reached the top of your pan or your desired cake thickness, cover with plastic and put it in the freezer to set for at least 45 minutes .
- 6. You can decorate the top anyway you want! Icing, writing, crumbles, etc...