Collards are so underrated! This southern-inspired collard dish is a spin on a timeless classic. Using Gardein Pulled BBQ Shreds or Tempeh Bacon, spices, and collards - this is a satisfying, simple, and spicy summer dish great at any BBQ or picnic, and perfect next to a big piece of grilled corn or melon salad.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED (serves 4):
- 1 large or 2 small bunches of organic collard greens
- 2 packages of Gardein Pulled BBQ Shreds - or - 1 package of Tempeh Bacon
- 2 Tbs Ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbs agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- cayanne pepper to taste (very hot!!)
Chop collards, dice garlic, and in a lightly oiled pan, combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring moderately, until collards are bright green and soft.