• The Tiny Tim Collection of tees, hoodies and shorts for men, women and kids has launched on the new John Bartlett online store! 10% of all profits from the sale of these items go directly to the Tiny Tim Rescue Fund. If you click on my site, you can learn more about the Tiny Tim Rescue Fund. The fund helps to raise money for independent rescue groups who are pulling from our nation's kill shelters.
• I had the opportunity to taste The Vegan Vine wines, and I have to say that they are smooth, delicious, and sophisticated. Vegan wine, you say? What's not vegan about grapes? According to vegan vine website: "In most wines, animal products are used as processing aids in the “fining” or filtration part of the winemaking process to help remove solids such as grape skins, stems and seeds. Although typically filtered out of the wine before it is sold, the use of animal ingredients makes wines unsuitable for vegans."
The most common animal ingredients used in conventional wine-making:
- • Isinglass, a very pure form of gelatin from sturgeon fish bladders
- • Gelatin, extract from boiled cow’s or pig’s hooves and sinews
- • Egg whites
- • Caseins, a protein from milk