Matzoh Ball Soup is a classic, Jewish comfort-food recipe that should be in your arsenal! In this video I show you how to make a big pot of flavorful soup with those crave-worthy matzoh dumplings that can feed a small party. Your bubbie would be proud.
- Large Soup Pot
- 5-6 cups Matzoh Meal
- 12 Vegan Eggs (I used the VeganEgg from Follow Your Heart) * combine w/ 4½ cups Ice-cold water (or swap cold seltzer for more fluffy balls)
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tb nutritional yeast
- 1 Tb vegetable boullion base (I use Seitenbacher)
- 1 cup dried porcini mushroom
- handful of fresh dill (about ½ cup)
- about 12 cups water for broth
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with 12 cups of water.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve hot!
This is just a basic recipe that can be customized to your liking. Want to add coined carrots and chopped celery for Ashkenazi accuracy? Go for it. Throw in broccoli, kale, seitan, or your favorite vegan protein.