Warm salads are better than you think. You can even compliment them with a cold soup like cucumber or kale-coconut, and baffle the brains of your guests with this temperature switch-a-roo! dang. Yams are high in Vitamin C, dietary fiber, Vitamin B6, potassium, and manganese; while being low in saturated fat and sodium.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED (serves 2):
- 1 Large organic Yam, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large organic shallot, chopped
- 2 organic blood oranges
- 4 stems of fresh thyme
- 4 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Steam the yam slices for about 15 - 20 min, or until soft
- In a saucepan over medium heat, caramelize the shallots and oranges in the balsamic vinegar and olive oil
- Layer on a plate, top with the thyme, and serve warm!